- Froguts Helps India Implement National Legislation
- Android Users Can Now Dissect a Frog on Their Tablet or Phone for the First Time Ever
- Froguts Creates the First Ever Frog Dissection App for the iPhone
- Froguts and The National Association of Biology Teachers (NABT) Announce Partnership
- Froguts builds Mobile Apps for Apple iOS and Android Mobile Devices
- The New Online Version of Froguts Dissection and Lab Software is Now Available
MOBILE APPLICATIONS - SCIENCE ADVENTURES
The Owl Pellet - Our first App in the Science Adventure Series!
The Froguts Owl Pellet adventure is both an educational and whimsical journey to discover what owl pellets are, where they come from, and how to dissect them. The primary learning objectives are to - Teach How:
• habitats are comprised of many creatures.
• owl pellet formation occurs within owls.
• predators and prey interact with each other.
• skeletons are made of many bones, and that they have similar names across animals.
• skeletons are put together.
• food webs move energy up to the predators.
• herbivores, insectivores, carnivores, and omnivores feed.
• owl pellets are handled, prepared, and dissected.
- Includes Quiz
NGSS Disciplinary Core Ideas addressed: LS2.A, LS2.B, LS4.C, LS4.A, LS4.C, LS4.D
Get The Owl Pellet App in the App Store:
The Main screen for the Owl Pellet App. Learners can go directly to a chapter, start the Intro, or review Objectives and take the Quiz.
Froglet start his adventure to learn more about Owl Pellets.
Professor tells Froglet how to make an Owl Pellet card.
Learners direct Froglet on his adventure and solve puzzles along the way.
Froglet learns about other forest animals.
Another puzzle for Froglet to solve.
Professor gives Froglet a choice about which Owl Pellet to dissect. Learners then perform a virtual pellet dissection and decide what animal the bones form.
A user reconstructed skeleton. Now to determine which animal it is...hmmm.